About The Program
The Developmental Service Worker program at Medix College provides technical training for individuals looking for a rewarding career working with children, youth and adults who have developmental disabilities. Students will learn to give clients support and offer encouragement while promoting their mental, emotional and physical health.
What career opportunities are available to graduates from the Developmental Service Worker program?
- Development assistant
- Classroom assistants
- Family support worker
- Special needs worker
- Integration facilitator
- Community support workers
Where do graduates of the Developmental Service Worker program work?
- Community facilities
- Public and private schools
- Residential facilities
- Private homes
- Educational facilities
- Recreational facilities
COMMON JOB TASKS
What are common job tasks for individuals working in the Developmental Services field?
- Assisting individuals with physical disabilities.
- Promoting life skills such as personal care, housekeeping, social skills, parenting skills and job placement skills.
- Intervening in crisis situations and resolving issues.
- Administers medication to individuals according to patient orders.